BACKGROUND

Monday, December 5, 2011

Princess Bed

I had seen some dog beds made from end tables on the web and decided I would give it a try.
I found an table at the flea market...I think $7.00 and then the fun began.  I took it apart, flipped the top and remounted to the base and legs.  I added wood finals (from Lowes) to the top of the legs to to finish for a 4-Poster Bed look.

Then I Kilzed the whole thing...

I then started to paint. I used Krylon Dual Gloss White, it took a few coats to get it the coverage I wanted. 
Oh I forgot, I had to remove the legs and add the little bed legs. I offset the hole for the screw so that the legs would rest flat on the surface when replaced...I used wooden drawer knobs for the bed legs.
While I had the legs off, I painted all the little nooks and crannies that were hidden...so now everything has a fresh coat of paint and it is taking shape nicely...

 Then I went and purchased some fabric, thread, Velcro (pink) and bias tape to use. I wanted to
                                                       make sure and the detail paint matched     the the  fabric.  
I found some pink and purple to match and got started on the details that would make the bed POP!   

While the paint was drying I got out the sewing matching, ironing board and iron..and continued on...If you sew you know the steps...but if not here is some tips...I ironed the fabric (most of the time you want to wash before you start sewing, but I gave myself plenty of room for shrinkage when I measured my fabric.)   


I measured my seam allowance, ironed and then I attached my Velcro first to one end, this is to allow for washing and changing out the pillow if needed. I then finished the end with bias tape to accent the colors in the fabric.


Then I finished the cover and attached bias tape around the whole thing for accent.  The cover turned out so cute...I could not stop taking pictures....SMILE!!! 
I think I will make a few of these to sell alone..
Dog cushions are expensive...and my experience has been 1st time you wash the cover...it falls apart...So anyone out there need a special cushion for your pooch...just let me know.... 

So now back to the bed....

I made the head board out of fan blades...I painted them with the same paint as the bed, attached them together with wood strips and  E-6000 adhesive. Then stenciled to match the flowers in the fabric...




MY THIS IS TURNING OUT TOO CUTE!!!!

 Finally everything was finished and ready to assemble. I attached the headboard with screws...*drill your starter holes first, as your wood might split* then I added the covered cushion and it was finished.






Now I am thinking...hummmm.........
THIS IS THE PERFECT LITTLE MAMA'S BED FOR HER BABY DOLLS

So here you have it...

Pamper your POOCH in STYLE or
your Little Mama's baby dolls can sleep like a PRINCESS...



Link Parties

Photobucket Our Delightful HomeUndertheTableandDreaming DIY projects and craftsTip Junkie handmade projects Furniture Feature Fridays
Home Stories A2ZThe 36th AVENUEFunky Junk's saturday nite specialThe Girl Creativestylish once againToday's creative blog