BACKGROUND

Monday, February 27, 2012

Happy Monday!!

Tip Junkie handmade projects
Home Stories A2Z
Happy Monday Everyone!!

I hope you all had a great weekend. I know I did, the weather turned out to be pretty great actually...

A recap from Thursday's blog, I had all these things planned out to get done this weekend..

With life, we have detours!

I did get major work done on the buffet I have been working on...
All the veneer is off and I have started painting...I will have the completed pics and full blog on how I did this beauty hopefully by Wed..Because of a doc appointment tomorrow, I will be a little behind.

But Good News, I have to go to BIG CITY for that appointment, and that means a trip to the LARGE GOODWILL store there..WINK WINK!


I was successful in getting the candle holder supplies gathered, but only got one completed...This one was made from driftwood from Hurrican IKE. I found during my last trip to TX
I started with rough driftwood that had been drying for months in the barn.

I put a coat of PolyAcrylic on it just to preserve it and keep things from falling off..it still has barnacles on it from being in water so long.

I got my inspiration from these candle holders


I just changed mine a bit...I used a tin strip that I cut from some old supplies and roughed it up a bit with a drimmel and a grinding stone, then applied a light spray of metalic paint to tone it to the wood.   
I then measured kinda where I wanted my candle holder to sit..it was a flared Crown Royal Glass..Cool HUH!!

I measured the length of metal before I started grinding on it
I put a hole in one end (the easiest way to do that is with a hammer and Large nail...and then wrapped to mark where the other end should have a hole. **DON'T LOOK AT MY NAILS PLS!!** I had been playing around with a french nail tip pen...SMILE!!!
I simply marked through the one hole to the other side with a sharpie...Easy enough..and then I did the same thing on the other end with the hammer and nail.
I had to enlarge my holes some because I needed the screw to fit easy with no resistance.. Simple enough with a drill and drill bit a little larger than your screw.


The picture below shows the metal before I applied paint and the wood before the POLY....

I was testing to see which I liked better.
The finished product with the strip painted..Like I said just a little dusting. I still wanted the grinding texture to show through...
 I like this better with the tones of wood...

The rest of my weekend involved Burning off fence lines and chasing FIRE...it never wants to do what you want it to do.....

So after a long weekend, some work done..my yard raked and burned...swallowing loads of smoke..and FEELING THE HEAT!!!

I am safely at work on this Beautiful Monday!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I am a new GFC follower. I found you on a grow your blog hop. I would love for you to stop by my site and return the favor and follow me back as well. If you are interested also check out our current giveaways. We have something for everyone right now.
    Thanks a lot!
    http://www.chunkyandmonkeymd.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and Welcome, I will for sure check out your site..thanks for the follow

      Delete
  2. Nice post dear
    Good blog
    I am following your blog with GFC
    Now follow back my blog with GFC too
    http://glamorousgirlblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you and thank you. I will check out yours too.

      Delete

Let me hear from you!

Link Parties

Photobucket Our Delightful HomeUndertheTableandDreaming DIY projects and craftsTip Junkie handmade projects Furniture Feature Fridays
Home Stories A2ZThe 36th AVENUEFunky Junk's saturday nite specialThe Girl Creativestylish once againToday's creative blog